- Dr. Rajendra Poddar is a specialist in agricultural education, agrarian economy, natural resources management and policy.
- He started his career in 1994 as Assistant Professor of Agricultural Economics at College of Agriculture, Vijayapura and served as Associate Professor and Professor of Agricultural Economics in UASD. He has guided about 30 PG students including PhDs. He has served as Head of Project Planning and Monitoring Cell (PPMC) in the office of Vice Chancellor of UASD from 2014 to 2018.
- He received ICAR Fellowship for Masters and UASD Merit Fellowship for PhD. He is the recipient of prestigious Endeavour Research Fellowship (2008) of Government of Australia. He has been feted with several awards including National “Rastriya Jal Prahari Samman- 2019”, Rashtriya Paryavaran Rakshak Award IN 2013 and 2018 and others. In recognition of his expertise Dr. Poddar has been appointed to various National and International Expert Committees.
- He was representative of UAS Dharwad in the UN sponsored COP 22 summit climate change at Marrakesh in Morocco. He has handled about 20 research projects and has published 11 Research Reports, 70 Research Papers, 8 Chapters in Books, 40 Popular Articles and has presented papers in national and international national conference/ workshop/ training etc.
- In recognition of his expertise Dr. Poddar has been appointed to various National and International Expert Committees-Life Member, INPIM, Member, INCID, Central Water Commission, New Delhi, Member, ICID, New Delhi, Secretary, WG-CDTE, ICID, Member, Academic Council of the KSRDPR University, Gadag,
- Currently, he is serving as Director of Water and Land Management Institute (WALMI), Dharwad under the Department of Water Resources, Karnataka since February 2018. He has successfully revived the Institute and made it fully functional. Dr. Rajendra Poddar is dedicated to the cause of welfare of students, farmers and community initiatives for the last 30 years.